Writing emails that get results
Practical and interactive online workshop, with trainer review and help with writing in breakout rooms.
For anyone that writes business emails
Example outline below for a 6-hour course (three sessions of 2 hours each), but can vary content for a shorter course.
Small groups of up to 12 preferred, but please discuss numbers with us.
Why choose this skills course?
Business people receive countless emails every day and struggle to identify and get through even the most important ones. They want to read and understand emails quickly and easily.
This course will help you to meet your readers’ expectations, achieve your purpose, save time writing, and make a good impression. You will also develop skills that apply generally to business writing.
What will you achieve by attending?
You will be able to:
- engage your reader, sustain their attention and persuade them
- write more succinctly and accurately
What will we cover?
- Writing for the reader and for your purpose; adjusting your tone
- Using subject lines that engage and get results
- Starting your email and signing off
- Getting to the point and structuring your email
- Keeping it short and simple for your reader
- Knowing when email is not the best way to communicate
- Persuading your reader
- Avoiding embarrassing mistakes
What exercises will you do?
You will complete exercises throughout, to draw out writing guidelines, and to practise writing with the benefit of trainer monitoring and group feedback.
Exercises will include analysing and rewriting poorly written emails, also covering issues that arise from pre-submitted samples of participants’ emails; writing emails from scratch.
Zoom (preferred) or similar platform
Work in pairs, threes, group and alone
Breakout rooms: trainer monitoring,
screen sharing and joint document annotating
Homework between sessions
Guidelines with summary checklist for use in the office
Exercises, writing analyses and suggested rewrites
Stella Styllis or Alan Simmons